About the Dangote Group
The Dangote Group is a Nigerian multinational industrial conglomerate, founded by Aliko Dangote, a Nigerian business magnate and investor. As of March 2018, he had an estimated net worth of US$14.1 billion and was ranked by Forbes magazine as the 100th-richest person in the world and the richest in Africa.
Their vision is to be a world class enterprise that is passionate about the quality of life of the general populace and high returns to stakeholders while touching the lives of people by providing basic needs.
Dangote Group Products
The Dangote Group is one of the most diversified business conglomerates in Africa with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa. Since its inception, the Group has experienced phenomenal growth on account of the quality of its goods and services, its focus on cost leadership and efficiency of its human capital. Today, Dangote Group is a multi-billion Naira company poised to reach new heights, in every endeavour competing with itself to better the past.
The Group’s core business focus is to provide local, value added products and services that meet the ‘basic needs’ of the populace. Through the construction and operation of large scale manufacturing facilities in Nigeria and across Africa, the Group is focused on building local manufacturing capacity to generate employment and provide goods for the people.
The Group’s activities encompass:
Cement – Manufacturing & Distribution
Sugar – Manufacturing / Refining & Distribution
Flour & Semolina – Milling & Distribution
Pasta – Manufacturing & Distribution
Salt – Refining & Distribution
Food Seasoning – Production & Distribution of stock seasoning cubes
Vegetable Oil – Refining & Distribution
Tomato Paste – Manufacturing & Distribution
Crude Oil Refinery – Refining & Distribution
Petrochemicals – Refining & Distribution
Fertilizer – Manufacturing & Distribution
Packaging Materials – Manufacturing & Distribution
Logistics – Port Management & Haulage
Food & Beverages
Aliko Dangote Foundation
Dangote Group is striving for self-reliance in Nigeria in all the sectors where it operates and has drawn up ambitious plans to set up world-class projects in new realms such as Agriculture, Petroleum Refinery & Petrochemicals, fertilizer, and Telecom. The Group has almost single-handedly taken Nigeria to self sufficiency in cement and is expanding rapidly across Africa, helping other countries achieve the same.
Dangote Cement is the largest cement production company in Africa with a market capitalization of almost US$14 billion on the Nigeria Stock Exchange. It has subsidiaries in Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa and Zambia. In December 2010, the group signed an agreement with the Government of Zambia to construct a US$400 million cement plant in Zambia. It was completed in 2015 and is located in Ndola. The plant produces 42.5-grade cement to compete against the lower-grade but dominant 32.5 products in the market. The new plant is expected to have an annual output of 1.5 million metric tonnes of cement.
Dangote Sugar is another major subsidiary of Dangote, competing with Bua Refinery Ltd. and Golden Sugar Co. Dangote Sugar is the largest sugar refining company in sub-Saharan Africa.
Dangote Refinery is expected to begin operations in the early 2020s, and will be the largest refinery in Africa at full capacity.
- Dangote Group won African Business of the Year in London, 2011
- Dangote Group won African Company of the Year Award at the 2016 Africa CEO Forum
- Dangote Industries Limited (DIL) has received two awards at the 12th edition of the annual Sustainability Enterprise and Responsibility Awards (SERAS). The awards were in recognition of its 2017 Sustainability Report and progress in Sustainability Best Practices and Reporting in 2018.Dangote Sugar Refinery:
- Dangote Sugar Refinery PLC was awarded the Best African Initial Public Offer for 2007 by Africa Investors’ Index series.
- In November 2007, DSR PLC won the Nigerian Stock Exchange’s President Merit Award for best quoted company in the Food and Beverage sector.
- The Standards Organization of Nigeria awarded the Company the NIS ISO 9001:2000 International Quality Management Award.
- 2007 Global Excellence Company of the Year Award
- 2008 Nigerian Stock Exchange’s President’s Merit Award for Best Quoted Company of the Year in the Food and Beverages Sector
- 2009 International Quality Award in the Gold Category, by renowned Business Initiative Directions- Madrid Spain
For more information about the Dangote Group and their services, kindly visit www.dangote.com.