Deutsche Welle is looking for young people from all over the world, who are interested in a comprehensive and exceptional journalism traineeship program. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from technology/IT, economics or other related sciences.
They are looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington, Moscow and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
- Native speaker of one of DW’s languages and have excellent English and German skills.
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (we are especially looking for those with a background in technology/IT, science, politics or economics)
- Basic journalism experience
- Content published or broadcasted
- Creative mind
- An excellent judge of journalism content
- Social media experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both within teams and individually
- Strong MS Office skills, basic audio, and video production skills, data skills.
- Applications from women are explicitly welcome
- Severely disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given particular consideration
- The trainees will gain the acquisition of a broad base of journalism skills. Technology training across TV, radio, and online will be provided.
- Focused seminars will be delivered by experienced trainers.
- The opportunity of placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of their foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow- will be given. The placement can also be with partner broadcasters in Germany, Europe, or worldwide.
- The chance to produce a larger journalism piece. Salary will be paid throughout the traineeship.
This opportunity is open to everyone.