About Global Media Alliance
Global Media Alliance was founded in South Africa in 1998 and later moved to Ghana in 2001. It has established itself as a leader in the Public Relations, Event Management, Media and Entertainment industries with unsurpassed innovation and strategic relationships. Known as trailblazers, Global Media Alliance has introduced new concepts to the Ghanaian public such as the first international multiplex cinema, a lifestyle store and a full service broadcasting wing; Global Media Alliance Broadcasting Company (GMABC), comprising three radio channels and a free-to-air television channel with superior programming.
Their vision is to build one of the top internationally recognized, integrated media, entertainment, events management and public relations companies in Africa. Their mission remains to;
- Positively impact and effect change within their community.
- Create value for their shareholders.
- Improve the welfare of the people with whom they carry out their mission.
- Provide world class counsel and premium services to clients.
- Remain at the forefront of media and entertainment in Africa.
Capabilities of Global Media Alliance
- They are a one-stop shop communications solutions provider with a blend of deep local understanding and adoption of international best practices.
- With their hands-on experience in planning and executing complex marketing and communication campaigns, they constantly work to project and improve the image of their clients.
- Their relationship with major communication and media organizations in Ghana, Africa and globally places them at an advantage.
- Their over 300 employees are ready to transform your business and make it the top-notch brand you envision.
- GMA has over the last four years, won over 30 awards which goes to prove the worth and quality of work from the company.
Work of Global Media Alliance
PR & Media Consultancy
Voted as the PR Consultancy of the year 2013, Global Media Alliance is constantly working to project and improve the image of their clients in the eyes of all stakeholders. Their services include:
- Strategic Communication Counsel
- Community & Stakeholder Relations
- Communications Workshops
- Investor Relations
- Crisis & Issues Management
- Media & Government Relations
Having organized events such as the opening and closing ceremonies of the African Cup of Nations 2008 and the CNN African Journalist Awards 2010, among others, they offer results-oriented events management solutions resulting in increased brand affinity, brand equity and client retention. Their event services include;
- Sports Tournaments & Competitions
- Product Launches & Introductions
- Market Storms, Roadshows & Promotional Campaigns
- Awards Ceremonies
- Corporate Events
- Entertainment & Outdoor Events
- Market Entry Campaigns
Creatives and Branding
Their creative team supports the PR and Events Management services of GMA with top-notch artworks that best portray the message of the brand or campaign.They also develop billboards, flyers, posters and mannequins. Some companies that have benefited from GMA’s services are eTranzact, OLAM, and Opportunity International.
With the internet taking over our very lives, having a team of experts to develop and implement digital marketing communication solutions online became imperative. Global Digital is the newest addition to the Global Media Alliance and begun operations in 2014. These are their services;
- Social Media Management
- Website & Portal Development
- Digital Marketing & Advertising
- Campaign Strategy
Broadcasting & Advertising
e.TV Ghana is a free-to-air commercial television channel aimed at bringing the widest audience of Ghanaians the best programming on the planet. The TV station was born out of the partnership between Global Media Alliance and Sabido Group, parent company of e.TV South Africa, the largest English-medium channel in South Africa. e.TV envisions becoming the market leader in West Africa, by providing premium quality television services and e.tv Ghana is fully aligned to this goal.
Sports is a top-of-the mind business to many people in Ghana and all over the world today, and so Happy 98.9 FM was created in May 2002 with the purpose of serving the wide public of Accra with news from the sports world.
Today, Happy FM is one of the most successful media channels of Global Media Alliance with a wide coverage reach in Greater Accra, Eastern Volta, Central, Western and Ashanti regions. 2 million listeners stay tuned every day to 98.9 FM broadcasting both in Twi and English. It’s no wonder that Happy FM has been awarded several times, e.g. CIMG Sports Station of the Year for two years in a row (2005 and 2006) and the reigning Football Station of the year.
YFM is the official radio station for the Young and Young at Heart with 3 stations in 3 regions in Ghana. With years of experience in radio broadcasting, this creation of Global Media Alliance Broadcasting Company (GMABC) provides the Ghanaian youth with the best contemporary programme repertoire.
Global Media Alliance, in collaboration with Silverbird Group, established Silverbird Entertainment Ghana Limited (“Silverbird”), located at the most prominent location at Accra Mall. After years of discussing and visualizing today’s multiplex state of art, Silverbird Ghana was launched in November 2008.
- 2014 Media Winner of Africa’s Titans Awards by CEO Communications awarded to Edward Boateng, Group Chairman and CEO of Global Media Alliance
- 2013 African Business Leader of the year award to CEO, Edward Boateng by African Business Magazine and IC Publications
- Honorary award for contribution to Media excellence at RTP Awards 2013
- PR Consultancy of the year 2012 awarded by the Institute of Public Relations (IPR), Ghana
- Only company from Ghana to be nominated for the Award for Environmental Sustainability at the African Business Awards 2012, organized by the African Business Magazine and the Commonwealth Business Council (CBC)
- CIMG Media Organization of the year 2011
- CIMG Emerging brand of the year 2010
- Founders of the CNN-MultiChoice African journalists of the year awards
- Corporate Member of the Institute of Public Relations, UK
- Corporate Member of the Institute of Public Relations, Ghana
For more information about Global Media Alliance and their services, kindly visit www.gmaworld.com.